The Seychelles was best described by a 19th Century British Governor, “a thousand miles away from the rest of the world.” A simple statement that yields a powerful truth about the location. A holiday is an escape, an experience, a break from the routine stresses of life and Fregate Island Private is a decadent and luxurious retreat coupled with the intriguing adventures of an Island locale. It is part of the deluxe Oekter Collection and in 2013, the World Travel Awards voted it the ‘Indian Ocean Leading Private Island Resort’. In 2014, it underwent a refurbishment that we believe has only elevated it’s already sublime stature.
Fregate Island stands on the northern side of the Seychelles archipelago and has a distinctive architectural style. It is a blending of Seychellois, Balinese and Thai influence. There are 16 designed villas harmoniously nestled into the natural surroundings, 14 overlook the ocean and secluded beaches and 2 have a sheltered grassy position, the perfect choice for families.
These are some of the highlights that you can expect at Fregate Island Private:
- Explore the winding mountain trails on a hike or on a buggy trip. Mountain biking these trails is also a popular pastime.
- Nature walks with the resident conservationist are highly inspiring and provides a wonderful insight into the role conservation plays. Assist and observe some field work that can include searching for tiny sea turtle hatchlings. There is even a Tortoise Adoption program where you can make a valuable contribution to protecting and sustaining the flora and fauna.
- A unique star gazing programme
- A private inland Harbour that has a yacht club with a PADI Dive Centre
- Innovative cuisine that is derived from exotic fruits and vegetables grown on their own plantation, a delicious farm to fork principle
- Exceptionally romantic dining venues including the ‘Tree House”, high up in one of the island’s oldest and largest banyan trees.
- A ‘Castaway’ Kids Club
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your island paradise holiday!